01-17-2017 · Volunteer Involvement Program
The Standards for Excellence, Best Practices in Nonprofit Governance training series will provide board leaders with the strategies needed to personally achieve the highest levels of board performance. Participants will be better able to serve in their board capacity, thus not just understanding these best strategies and practices of nonprofit governance, but also being able to apply them to your own organizations guiding the process towards greater effectiveness and sustainability.
- Only 50 spaces are available – reserve yours now!
- Cost: $225
- Registration Deadline: February 15
Who Should Participate?
- Nonprofit board leaders who wish to gain knowledge and applied skills that lead to improved performance, accountability, effectiveness, and the framework for overall higher standard of operations.
- This program will be provided via three 90-minute Webinars (format such as WebEx, NetMeeting or Adobe Connect) on February 22, March 29 and April 19.
- It concludes at a 2-hour face-to-face training that will result in board governance action plans for each participant on May 24, 5:30-7 P.M.
- Participants complete an online Self-Assessment.
- Participants will participate via the virtual platform to achieve maximum benefit from the training.
- Engage with a set of best practices for nonprofit governance and learn about how embracing and living by them can improve effectiveness and sustainability.
- Assess themselves against the benchmarks of the Standards for Excellence code.
- Equip themselves with concrete ways to strengthen the governance and oversight of their organizations.
- Develop an individual board governance action plan that will guide the participant in achieving a higher level of performance.
Communication & Work Process
- The trainer will establish a group document process such as Dropbox or Googledoc and all participants will access documents through this process.
- Reading assignments are included as a part of this experience to supplement the Webinar presentations.
Dr. Robin Hindsman Stacia
Principal/Consultant, Sage Consulting Network, Inc.
BoardSource, Senior Governance Consultant