It’s your money – you earned it. You may not file taxes because you don’t make enough. Did you know that you may qualify to get money from the government? Get money back, don’t leave money on the table.
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC or EITC) is a tax credit for low and moderate-income wage earners. For the 2019 tax year, the earned income credit ranges from $529 to $6,557 depending on your filing status and how many children you have.
Avoid the debt with tax loans, take advantage of VITA.
United Way’s free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides Greater Atlanta’s working individuals and families help to simplify the tax filing process and claim important tax credits.
About VITA. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a national initiative of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that offers FREE tax help to low- to moderate-income ($56,000 and under) individuals and families. Taxes are prepared in–person by IRS trained and certified volunteers.
Where you can find VITA
VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, churches, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. VITA ensures that eligible working families are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits for which they may be eligible.
VITA Tax Preparation Locations
This year, VITA is serving Greater Atlanta with over 20 free tax preparation locations.
- St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church – Appointment Only (678) 632-3352
591 Flint River Rd. Jonesboro, 30238
Hours: Saturdays (9:00am – 2:00pm)
- Lovejoy Community Center – Appointment Only (770) 847-0895
1162 Hasting Bridge Rd. Hampton, 30228
- Clayton State University – Closed
- Schaffer Road Church of Christ – Temporarily Closed
554 Schaffer Rd. Marietta, 30060
- Turner Chapel AME Church – Temporarily Closed
492 North Marietta Pkwy. Marietta, 30060
- Osbourne History Makers – Closed
- Hillcrest Church Of Christ – Closed
1939 Snapfinger Rd. Decatur, 30035
- St. Vincent De Paul, Chamblee – Appointment Only (678) 892-6160
2050-E Chamblee Tucker Rd. Chamblee, 30341
Hours: Wednesdays (9:00am – 3:00pm)
- Beulah Baptist Church – Temporarily Closed
2340 Clifton Springs Rd. Decatur, 30034
- Center for Pan Asian Community Services / CPACS – Temporarily Closed
3510 Shallowford Rd NE. Chamblee, 30341
- St. Philip AME Church – Temporarily Closed
240 Candler Rd. SE. Atlanta, 30317
- The Sullivan Center – Appointment Only (678) 705-7828
1700 Lakewood Ave. Atlanta, 30315
Hours: Thursdays (9:30am-3:00pm)
- Community Assistance Center – Appointment Only
1130 Hightower Trail, Atlanta, 30350
For an appointment please email email@example.com or request an appointment online, or call (770) 552-4889 ext. 241.
- Ebenezer Baptist Church/MLK Collaborative – Appointment Only (678) 310-9135
101 Jackson Ave. Atlanta, 303124
- IRC – Temporarily Closed
2305 Parklake Dr. NE. Atlanta, 30345
- North Fulton Community Charities – Temporarily Closed
11255 Elkins Rd. Roswell, 30076
- South Fulton Public Library – Temporarily Closed
4055 Flat Shoals Rd. Union City, 30291
- Greenbriar Mall – Closed
- West End Mall – Closed
- BPSOS – Appointment Only – (770) 458-6700
6107 Oakbrook Pkwy. Norcross, 30093
- St. Vincent DePaul, Dallas – Appointment Only (770) 443-1537
680 W. Memorial Dr. Dallas, 30132
Hours: Saturdays (10:00am – 2:00pm)