It’s your money – you earned it.
You may not file taxes because you don’t make enough. Did you know that you may qualify to get money from the government? Get money back, don’t leave money on the table.
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC or EITC) is a tax credit for low and moderate-income wage earners. For the 2019 tax year, the earned income credit ranges from $529 to $6,557 depending on your filing status and how many children you have.
Avoid the debt with tax loans, take advantage of VITA.
United Way’s free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides Greater Atlanta’s working individuals and families help to simplify the tax filing process and claim important tax credits.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a national initiative of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that offers FREE tax help to low- to moderate-income ($56,000 and under) individuals and families. Taxes are prepared in–person by IRS trained and certified volunteers.
Where you can find VITA
VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, churches, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. VITA ensures that eligible working families are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits for which they may be eligible.
VITA Tax Preparation Locations (Updated 6/3/20)
This year, VITA is serving Greater Atlanta with over 20 free tax preparation locations.
- St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church – Closed
- Lovejoy Community Center – Closed
- Clayton State University – Closed
- Turner Chapel AME Church – Virtual Tax Assistance
- Schaffer Road Church of Christ – Closed
- Osbourne History Makers – Closed
- Hillcrest Church Of Christ – Closed
- St. Vincent De Paul, Chamblee – Closed
- Beulah Baptist Church – Closed
- Center for Pan Asian Community Services / CPACS – Closed
- St. Philip AME Church – Closed
- Community Assistance Center – Appointment Only
1130 Hightower Trail, Atlanta, 30350
For an appointment please email email@example.com or request an appointment online, or call (770) 552-4889 ext. 241.
- Ebenezer Baptist Church/MLK Collaborative – Appointment Only
101 Jackson Ave. Atlanta, 303124
- IRC – Virtual Tax Assistance
2305 Parklake Dr. NE. Atlanta, 30345
- West End Mall – Walk-In/Drop-Off Service Only
850 Oak St. SW, Atlanta, 30310
June 6-15; Tuesdays through Fridays, 12pm-4pm
Face mask are required upon entry.
- The Sullivan Center – Closed
- North Fulton Community Charities – Closed
- South Fulton Public Library – Closed
- Greenbriar Mall – Closed
- BPSOS – Appointment Only
6107 Oakbrook Pkwy. Norcross, 30093
- St. Vincent DePaul, Dallas – Closed