It’s your money – you earned it. You may not file taxes because you don’t make enough. Did you know that you may qualify to get money from the government? Get money back, don’t leave money on the table.
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC or EITC) is a tax credit for low and moderate-income wage earners. For the 2019 tax year, the earned income credit ranges from $529 to $6,557 depending on your filing status and how many children you have.
Avoid the debt with tax loans, take advantage of VITA.
United Way’s free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides Greater Atlanta’s working individuals and families help to simplify the tax filing process and claim important tax credits.
About VITA. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a national initiative of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that offers FREE tax help to low- to moderate-income ($56,000 and under) individuals and families. Taxes are prepared in–person by IRS trained and certified volunteers.
Where you can find VITA
VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, churches, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. VITA ensures that eligible working families are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits for which they may be eligible. Dates and times will be released early January 2020.
VITA Tax Preparation Locations
This year, VITA is serving Greater Atlanta with over 20 free tax preparation locations.
• Clayton State University – 2800 Clayton State Blvd., Morrow 30260
• St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church – 591 Flint River Road, Jonesboro 30238
• Osbourne History Makers — 76 Windy Hill Road, Marietta 30060
• Schaffer Road Church of Christ – 554 Schaffer Road, Marietta 30060
• Turner Chapel AME Church – 492 N. Marietta Parkway, Marietta 30060
• Beulah Baptist Church – 2340 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur 30034
• Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPACS) – 3510 Shallowford Road, Chamblee 30341
• Hillcrest Church of Christ – 1939 Snapfinger Road, Decatur 30035
• St. Philip AME Church — 240 Candler Road SE., Atlanta 30317
• St. Vincent De Paul, Chamblee – 2050–E Chamblee Tucker Road, Chamblee 30341
• Community Assistance Center – 1130 Hightower Trail, Atlanta 30350
• Ebenezer Baptist Church/MLK Collaborative – 101 Jackson Avenue, Atlanta 30312
• Greenbriar Mall, NEW LOCATION PENDING
• IRS – 4800 Buford Highway, Chamblee 30341
• IRC – 2305 Parkdale Dr. NE., Atlanta 30345
• North Fulton Community Charities – 11255 Elkins Road, Roswell 30076
• South Fulton Public Library — 4055 Flat Shoals Road, Union City 30291
• The Sullivan Center – 1700 Lakewood Ave., Atlanta 30315
• West End Mall – 850 Oak St. SW., Atlanta 30310
• BPSOS – 6107 Oakbrook Parkway, Norcross 30093
• St. Vincent De Paul, Dallas – 680 W. Memorial Drive, Dallas 30132