Welcome to the one-stop-shop for all things Women United!
This year, the Women’s Leadership Breakfast revolved around the theme of “pushing forward.” We want to keep that sentiment alive by encouraging YOU to stay involved with the critical work of United Way of Greater Atlanta. With that goal in mind, we’ve filled this page with pre-written email communications, social posts and advocacy activities to keep you involved well beyond the limits of a virtual event. Thank you for being community members we can count on!
Join a Group
1. Cole Women United: United Way’s Cole Women United mobilizes women from diverse backgrounds, educating them about philanthropic involvement and leadership, and engaging them in the work of United Way. Cole Women United is exclusive to women donating $1,000-$9,999 annually to United Way of Greater Atlanta. Join today!
Already a member? Join the Board!
2. Tocqueville Women United: Tocqueville Women United is a transformative group of committed business and civic leaders who purposefully serve as champions to ensure our community’s children reach their full potential, free from exploitation, under United Way of Greater Atlanta’s Child Well-Being agenda. Membership is exclusive to women donating $10,000 or more annually to United Way of Greater Atlanta. Join today!
Already a member? Join the Board!
Learn About United Way Funds
Women United Advancement Initiative: a comprehensive body of resources and programs that targets specific Economic Stability strategies and supports women from any walk of life, regardless of race, gender, creed or religion.
Secure Housing and Basic Needs
Close the Skills Gap
Access to Childcare and After School Services
United for Racial Equity and Healing Fund: The correlation between race and zip codes with vulnerable populations and low levels of child well-being makes it critical for United Way to address place and racial equity strategically. The purpose of the fund is to reduce and prevent racial inequities across systems that impact child well-being (education, health, housing and economic stability) across the Greater Atlanta region.
Network and Volunteer
- Women United Book Club: Join Women United for this new virtual personal development opportunity to read and discuss books written by and for women. Thursday, November 5th.
- Coca-Cola Season of Giving: The Coca-Cola Company’s Season of Giving is a collection of volunteer opportunities, created by United Way, through the holiday season, taking place across the United States and Puerto Rico. Volunteers can participate on-site, virtually or individually with DIY projects. Through December 31st.
- Virtual Letters of Encouragement for A.G. Rhodes Seniors: Volunteer virtually by sharing words of encouragement to the staff and Senior residents of A.G. Rhodes Community Wellness Centers! Send pictures, letters, drawings, and videos to seniors in the Atlanta area to provide support and a little happiness to those isolated during the COVID outbreak. Contributions can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Through December 1st.
- Send a Smile to a Healthcare Worker: Join Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in encouraging the team with your messages of positivity. Share messages of hope, appreciation and encouragement by sending a smile. Through December 1st.
- Mind-Bubble Virtual Tutor: Atlanta locals can register to assist with online tutoring sessions benefitting students in Dekalb County, and many students in grades 5-10 in the metro Atlanta area. This program is free to students and provides much needed academic support during time out of school. Through December 1st.
Spread the Word on Social!
- Facebook/LinkedIn: Did you know? Women occupied 60% of the total U.S. jobs eliminated due to COVID-19. Through the Women United Advancement Initiative, we can help women across Greater Atlanta gain access to job training, college completion support, health services, quality childcare and other critical resources to help them reach their greatest potential. Together, let’s push forward! https://www.unitedwayatlanta.org/womens-leadership-breakfast-donation/ #WomenUnitedATL
- Twitter: Did you know? Women occupied 60% of U.S. jobs eliminated due to COVID-19. Through the Women United Advancement Initiative, we can help women across ATL push forward through any challenge to reach their greatest potential. https://www.unitedwayatlanta.org/womens-leadership-breakfast-donation/ #WomenUnitedATL
The only way forward is united. Let’s keep pushing forward!
Click here for: Email Communications