Deeper Dive into Youth Development Strategy & Real-Time Solutions
Let's Do Lunch
Do you know the four critical skills middle school students must master NOW to be prepared for college and the 2030 workplace? Are you familiar with current research that describes learning differences between digital reading sources and hard copy books? Have you heard about United Way AAP’s literacy & S.T.E.A.M. initiative, Powering the Potential of African-American boys & young men towards Academic Achievement, that is building capacity for after-school non-profit programs in the most challenging neighborhoods of the greater Atlanta region?
To gain this information and more, please sign-up now to host a Lunch & Learn during the fall at your company with an AAP Cabinet member & United Way staff member. We are eager to share the progress of AAP’s signature cause over the last four years and how we are leveraging networks and resources for greater impact in the years to come. The Lunch & Learn will include the following:
- An overview of United Way’s Child-Well Being Transformation Plan, Index & Stakeholders
- An interactive description of challenges engaging middle & high school youth academically (i.e. isolation, simplistic materials, negative recognition)
- A discussion on AAP’s Build-a-Library approach to providing culturally relevant pedagogy and tactics to support literacy
- Highlighting S.T.E.A.M. learning ecosystems and the potential to drive community level increases in the number of young people entering S.T.E.A.M. career paths
- Review AAP members benefits and how individuals and companies can support progress.
We are happy to provide this 45-minute learning event during lunch or the time of your choice. Please contact email@example.com to schedule your Lunch & Learn TODAY!