2000 – 2003
- Dr. Johnetta B. Cole, Conchita W. Robinson and Charles Stephens joined forces to convene African-American leaders to positively impact the Greater Atlanta community, known as the African-American Initiative.
- Dr. Johnetta B. Cole gave 50 speeches in the community about the new AAP affinity group in the first year.
- AAP doubled the number of Tocqueville Society level members from 19 to 38. More than 200 had joined at the Cole Society level.
- The Coca-Cola Company sponsored the first of three “Blue Light in the Basement Party” to build grassroots community support for United Way.
- Terry Manufacturing becomes the first corporate matching donor.
- AAP holds first signature cause event for AIDS awareness.