2008 – 2011
- Comcast sponsors AAP member events around Atlanta to boost networking opportunities for members.
- AAP grows to almost 600 leadership level members.
- AAP hosts informative Black History Month events with special guests: Ambassador Theodore (Ted) Britton, Jr., a Montford Point Marine and a recipient of the Congressional Gold Medal, and John Thomas (J.T.) Johnson, a Civil Rights activist and participant of the St. Augustine Movement of 1964.
- AAP continues to support AIDS awareness with a Member’s Brunch before the Annual AIDS Walk.
- AAP members sort and pack food and supplies during flood relief at MUST Ministries.
- AAP hosts the Back-to-School Health Fair at Good Samaritan Health Center Atlanta.
- AAP hosts “AAP for a Healthy Community” reception at the W Hotel, featuring Dr. Christopher Edwards and Jovita Moore.
- In collaboration with the East Point Summer Safety initiative, AAP develops and implements CHILL (Children’s Health Initiative for Learning and Leading) – a program that empowers girls to live thriving lives centered on health, wellness, and leadership.
- AAP launches AAP Connections – a series of bimonthly networking receptions held at African-American owned venues and sponsored by Comcast.