2012 – 2015
- AAP introduces the first year of AAP Champions – a cohort of well-respected C-Suite leaders who guide AAP’s efforts and champion the cause in and outside their companies.
- Volunteers host a Back-to-School event at the Good Samaritan Clinic that zeroes in on healthy eating habits and diabetes awareness.
- Annual AIDS walk continues.
- AAP begins annual AAP luncheons during Black History Month; the first one was “Celebrating the Heroes Among Us”, a fireside chat with a trailblazing Montford Point Marine and Civil Rights activist.
- AAP hosts “AAP Sunday Brunch: Empowering the Next Generation.”
- AAP collaborates with YPL to host “United Way Night with the Hawks,” which included a panel discussion with industry leaders about careers in sports and entertainment, plus discounted tickets to the Hawks vs. Heat game.
- AAP team participates in HBCU 5K Run/Walk.
- AAP begins collaborating with various corporate employee resource groups and professional associations, including UPS and National Black MBA Association of Atlanta.