You have been nominated for the United Way of Greater Atlanta Young Professional Leaders Supernova Awards. We are grateful for your spirit of philanthropy, community advocacy, volunteerism and leadership consistent with the mission of YPL.
We seek to honor three (3) outstanding young professionals who exemplify civic engagement and servant leadership, and have made substantial and outstanding contributions to their professional field and/or the local Atlanta community. In partnership with your network, please submit this application and supportive materials to complete your nomination process.
To be considered for this recognition, the individual(s) will:
- Be a current member of United Way Young Professional Leaders at the time of submission.
- Be 40 years of age or under on or before Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
- Represent one of the following categories: Executive, YPL Member and YPL Board Member.
- Must live and/or work within a county in the United Way of Greater Atlanta 13-county service area.
- Have made substantial and outstanding contributions to their professional field and the Greater Atlanta community. Nominees should be making a remarkable and very positive impact in advancing United Way of Greater Atlanta’s mission through philanthropy, community advocacy, volunteerism and leadership.
Timeline and Procedures
- Applications and additional materials must be submitted online by Friday, March 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Any individual may nominate any YPL member for this award, however, self-nominations are not acceptable.
- Individuals making the nominations will provide justification (specifically addressing the above criteria) in a nomination letter of no more than 1,000 words.
- Up to three (3) pieces of supporting documentation, including letters of recommendation, will be accepted in addition to the nomination application.
- Applicants will be required to respond to a total of five (5) essay questions to accompany their application.
- Additional submitted materials, other than those described above, will not be considered by the committee.
- The committee will select no more than 15 finalists for the awards (no more than five per category) by Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Finalists will be announced by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
- Awards winners will be announced at the 5th Annual Night for a Brighter Tomorrow on Friday, May 1, 2020.
We welcome you to contact us with questions related to the United Way of Greater Atlanta Young Professional Leaders Supernova Awards. Please contact Lauren Rock at email@example.com or 404-527-3539